Vinyl makes a great beach bag. But, there are a few tricks you need to know before you start: 1. Once you poke a hole in vinyl, it says there. So, use pins only when necessary. Instead:14. Trim the corner. 15. Repeat steps 9-14 for the other bottom corner. 16. Turn the bag right sides out.
- Secure edges with paper clips.
- Use a strip of painter’s tape to secure a zipper.
- Secure edges with tape. (Remove promptly to avoid icky residue.)
3. Fold under ½ inch on the top edge. Tape into place.
5. Stitch along the zipper tape.
7. Unzip the zipper about 8 inches and fold the pieces right side together.
8. Stitch the edges with a 5/8 inch seam.
9. Open out the bottom corners.
10. Pinch the side seam and the bottom seam together. 11. Mark a line 2 inches from the point and 4 inches wide.
Be patient when working with vinyl (it sticks to everything) and have fun!