Since I really don't want to waste fabric (and $$$) on bum projects, I have been researching fleece tips. Here's what I've learned.
1. Spend money on good fleece. Splurge on anti-pill. (Note: the pilling doesn't damage the fabric, but it certainly isn't attractive.)
2. Most fleece can be used on either side. If you really want to know, you can determine the right side by pulling along the selvage. The fabric curls toward the right side. (According to one website, you can also find the right side by sprinkling water on 2 different areas on either side of the fabric. The side that wicks the water the fastest is the right side. )
3. Once you know the right side, MARK IT!!!
5. Use a zig-zag stitch or a serger.
6. Use a size 14 needle.
7. If pressing is necessary, use a cool iron and a pressing cloth.