Applique Martha's Favorites
by Martha Pullen
Published in 1991
ISBN: 978-9992865163Some Chapter Headings: Types of Applique Stitch Maneuvers Applique Designs Fancy Closures-Not Just Buttons I liked:
- The clothing patterns included with this book: a girls' jumper, a boys' suit, and an apron.
- A great supply list that explains why you need all those things, like stabilizer and interfacings.
- The very detailed (at first glance primitive, but actually quite informative) diagrams in the "Stitch Maneuver" chapter that instruct you as you begin to applique, turn inward or outward curves, form corners and stitch points.
- The "Little Red Riding Hood" applique design.
- While some of the designs are very cute, others are quite dated (think things we wore in the 70s!).
- I found the boys' suit to run very small.
- No instructions for sewing snap tape into the crotch of the boys' suit.