Vogue Easy Sewing by Lynn Ferrari and the Butterick Company, Inc.
ISBN: 0-06-181128-9Some Chapter Headings:
- Easy Wardrobe Planning
- Fabric Dos and Don'ts
- How to Press
- How to Sew by Hand
- A great detailed "Needle and Thread Chart" on Page 31.
- The chapter labeled "How to Press", which had good guidelines, but even better pictures and diagrams! This section included fool-proof instructions for pressing darts, gathers, pleats, sleeves, hems, and seams. Probably the best pressing instructions I've seen.
- The chapter labeled "How to Sew By Hand", which included only a few stitches (back stitch tacks, slip stitch, blind stitch and thread chain), all essential to any sewer.
- The last section "Easy Sewing Techniques" that is broken down into chapters based on the techniques that "scare" some sewers, including bands, buttonholes, darts, pockets, sleeves and zippers.
- There is no information on invisible zippers or collars with a stand.