New Complete Guide to Sewing: Step-by-step techniques for making clothes and home accessories Published 2002 by Reader's Digest ISBN:0-7621-0420-1
Some Chapter Headings:Sewing equipment and fabrics Neckline finishes and collars Fastenings Tailoring I liked:
- The format! It is very easy to open this book to the contents and quickly identify the chapter I need.
- The great fitting section. There were lots of photos showing how and where to measure for 16 useful measurements.
- The great diagrams showing fit alternations on pattern tissue.
- The diagrams showing common "wrinkles" and how to adjust fit for each.
- 14 pages of hand stitches!
- Only one-The extensive list and descriptions of fabric has pictures, but they aren't complete or labeled.